Saturday, May 23, 2009

Before & After

I try to make it a point to hear or read the stories of "Successful" people. (Those who have reached their goals.) I really like to witness their journey, to learn from their life. To try and see their experiences from their point of views. I also like to see what people treated them like before they became "stars". As I sat here thinking of what to write about, I realized the odious. People decide how to treat someone based on their perception of them. This is so obvious yet, you don't realize it sometimes.

I daydream a lot. I daydream about well...my dreams and imagine what my life will be like once I've realized them. Needless to say. once I become what I aspire to be people will treat me different. I am not saying that in the cocky "I'm going to be a big deal one day" way, but people will have a different perception of me therefore they'll treat me differently.

In a interview Tupac Shakur mentioned how his life has changed since he became famous. He claimed that people he grew up with him and known for a long time can't seem to sit still around him. They ask for autographs and mob him just like the average fan. All because their perception of them had changed.

Everyone is equal, and we all live basically the same lives. Modern society tries to make this false hierarchy. Celebrities are put on a pedestal, but we all do it. All because of how we see them.

I laugh to myself, wondering how things will change for me. I know for some of the closest people people to me, nothing will change. I'll still be the over-active kid, that loves Chinese food and anime.

No comments: