Friday, May 29, 2009

My Life's Work..

Ecclesiates 5:18-20 (NIV)
18.
Then I realized that it is good and proper for a man to eat and drink, and to find satisfaction in his toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given him--for this is his lot.
19.
Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work--this is a gift of God.
20.
He seldom reflects on the days of his life, because God keeps him occupied with gladness of heart.
FREEDOM!

That isn't necessary the verse that I read a while ago, it's close though. The exact verse I'm looking is when King Solomon is under depression because he had fallen away from the lord. He has a bunch of rants where he basically says life is pointless and everything is nothing. He says that it is man's lot in life to toil, but it is also mans lot in life to toil away at something they like.

This basically sums up my whole thought process as far as career choice goes. I love sports, I love football. Hence, my ambition.

I can't play football forever though, I'm well aware of this so I have other things I want to do. My main thing is this Company/Charity/Community project/Ministry. The name of the project will be 'Faithstar'. The name and the logo are heavily inspired by...well my faith. I've always loved the legend of King David. His symbol was a star and it eventually became the symbol of Judaism. In admiration of the former King Of Jews, I wanted to make my own symbol inspired by the 'magen David' (Shield of David).

Faith is my strongest (or second strongest) virtue (Forgiveness is probably tied for first with it). There are verses in the bible (in psalms i think) that basically say that if you have faith in the Lord he will renew you and you will have wings like a eagle (I'm sure I'm butchering the verse). So i wanted to put wings on my star, plus it just looks cool. I want it to be a symbol of hope. When we start doing charity and the unfortunate see the Faithstar they know things can get better. I pray that the lord uses my ambitions as if they are his own. Faithstar will be my masterpiece, my life's work. I'll be trying to better the situations of people while working out my own salvation. Storing up my treasures in heaven...

No comments: