Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mundane = A Slow Death

I was conversation with my brother tonight, or should I say this morning..
I'm always thinking of the direction of my life, and right now it isn't so pretty.
I'm pretty comfortable with things so I don't mind sharing my...uh hardships.

Ever since I came back from Louisiana, and failed at obtaining a college football scholarship, my former room became occupied by my mother. Leaving me to the pull out bed in the living room. There is four people living in this small house and it can kind of, mess with your head. My grandparent are truly blessed by the lord, because despite what is at hand we remain financially stable.

During my life I have watched them wake up early and go to work for years. When they don't feel like, when they're sick, when they're hurt or tired they still go. I have a job but it's nothing like their. They are the true 'hustlers' of our world, the 9-5ers. On the grind to keep the bills paid. It's amazing.

It's so amazing, because this 9-5 shit is so deadly. To me it's a completely fruitless life, people work so hard, for so little. Hardly any freedom, they have no ambitions. They don't ever get to feel their heart race in hope of glory. They miss out on so many of the beautiful things in life because they were/are underprivileged or never even attempted to strive for more. They live mundane lives, that rival that of livestock. They work, eat, procreate, defaecate then die. With a few beautiful memories that they just might not remember when they get to be old, that is if their fortunate enough.

I know this might sound like some strange pessimistic rambling, but I'm just concerned about everyone. Please, have good life....

We should all strive for more out of life, but most settle for less.

No comments: